Saturday, June 18, 2016

The Sixth Nangeroni Meeting of the Enoch Seminar

I'M OFF TO CAMALDOLI, ITALY, FOR THE Sixth Nangeroni Meeting of the Enoch Seminar, the topic of which is "John the Jew: Reading the Gospel of John’s Christology as a Form of Jewish Messianism." I will be reporting there on the recent Divine Sonship Symposium at the University of St. Andrews and also responding to Catrin Williams's paper, "Johannine Christology and Prophetic Traditions: The Case of Isaiah" and chairing a short paper session.

When I was there three years ago, the internet access at the Monastery at Camaldoli was primitive. I hope it will be better this time around, but I don't know. I have pre-posted plenty of goodies, so there will still be something new for you at PaleoJudaica every day, but it may take me a while to get to news stories — not least when I'm in transit. For some other posts on past Enoch Seminars, see here, here, and here and follow the links. And you may want to have a look at James McGrath's review of a new book by Crispin Fletcher-Louis, Jesus Monotheism Volume 1, which James has posted in advance of the the Camaldoli meeting. Both he and Crispin will be there too.