Saturday, August 23, 2003

I AGREE WITH GLENN REYNOLDS: BUZZ OFF. Recently a reader of one of my various websites missed out on some valuable information by doing this. (I assume he thought it was valuable or he wouldn't have asked for it.) If you want something from me, don't expect me to waste my time taking extra steps through your spam-filtration software to help keep you from getting junk mail. You are warned!

UPDATE: Glenn thinks that maybe his reaction was a little testy. Well, maybe mine was too. Sorry. I find that negative things said in Internet format often come out more harshly than intended. But his reaction struck a chord in me because it was so similar to mine when the same thing happened to me. Readers who insist on using this sort of filtering software should bear in mind that a lot of people will have the same response, so if you want a reply or a favor from someone, make sure you put their address in your "safe" file in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment